Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Solution to ' App Error 523’ of Blackberry Curve


Hi fellows,

I wish you - A very Happy New Year.

Now, I would like to share my experience, mentioned hereunder, about a Malfunctioned Blackberry device.






Although, last month was truly adventurous, exciting, enjoyable and full of festivals but November wasn't alike, as an accident i.e. malfunctioning of blackberry device, isolated me from this global world.

It was hectic & harassing experience and utterly discouraging process, which I had to bear while fixing my Blackberry device to an operative condition, and forgoing situation has persuaded me to share my experience with you, so that my readers, if face the same error (i.e. App Error 523) on Blackberry Curve, need not to go through those processes, stages and pains as I experienced ignorantly and unnecessarily, especially when Blackberry executives at Blackberry Service Centre at my city, flatly, refused to repair my Blackberry device, without satisfying me about the reason of refusal.

Facts

Actually, the facts are as under:-

In 2009, we purchased a Blackberry device and it was used without installing any new software and/or application for 10-11 months of purchase, it was like using a simple phone instead of a Smartphone, which we had purchased, factually.

In the end of 11th month of purchase, I loaded Blackberry World into my Blackberry  device and in the 12th month of purchase i.e. last month before the date of expiration of guarantee and/or warranty period, I loaded some applications from the Blackberry World only in my ‘Blackberry Curve 8520 version 4 and for that time, it worked normal as it was and abilities of phone were not effected in any way, but in the immediate subsequent morning, there arose an issue regarding Wi-Fi activation & connecting Curve to my home network via Wi-Fi, which wasn’t really a big issue as it had appeared earlier also and by a simple reset ( a procedure i.e. pop out and re-place the battery back in the phone) impugned issue was solved, but on that day, following the aforesaid procedure( i.e. simple reset) led to a totally different & contradictory result as instead of sorting the error/issue of Wi-Fi, the said procedure evolved a surprising result i.e. 'App Error 523'. 

The Error occurred was neither ordinary, usual or normal one nor a single thing to which I was to deal, in fact, its repercussion led to a vicious-circle of restarting the phone and ending again with white screen mentioning ‘App Error 523' in black color and an option i.e. Reset’ in white with black background, and when clicked for a reset, the phone reboots and once again led us to a same white screen displaying the same error with same option, as reproduced hereunder: -


                                         App Error 523
                                              Reset



Consequently, I had to face a Vicious Circle of restarting and ending with a white screen and resultantly, a Smartphone phone was placed in equilibrium with Crap and/or waste.   

Now what a person like you or me can do? There exists no option, especially when it’s a non-working day or you are in a city where service centre isn’t available, and you direly need that phone. And I was in a similar condition as Blackberry Service Center`s executives had bluntly refused to repair my Blackberry device for the reasons best known to those only, although my device was still within warranty period. So, I tried to find some help from the booklets within purchase-box, then tried to get a reference of a Helpline number both from those booklets & Internet, as usually possessed by Multinational Product Making Companies/Organisations, and when dialled, the found one appeared to be busy and was continued to be as such, for more than four hours. After being failed to get connected, I searched a lot on the Internet for a solution but all my efforts were gone in vain as wasn’t able to find out even a single correct solution and/or clue regarding the issue, in hand.

On the contrary, I was misguided by number of texts & videos available on the Internet stating about the different reasons behind occurrence of same aforesaid error, likewise downloading of a unsupported 3rd party application/s and the solutions stated thereby was in regard to upgrading of the device to latest available version of Blackberry OS through different procedures, ultimately using Blackberry’s desktop software, but all those solutions did nothing except worsening the situation and wasting my time, while I understand & implement almost all of  those available procedures.

After understanding & implementing as delivered no positive outcome, I was totally exhausted & discouraged and thought of getting it fixed through any unauthorised technician, who would be available in the market, in fact, a personal of Blackberry Service Centre and another at Mobile Store – a shop from where I purchased my Blackberry device, advised to do so. But I had some doubts regarding the aforesaid unauthorised technicians, so I dropped that idea.

Thereafter, I visited the Airtel website (may be for the reason that my Blackberry Device had an impression of Airtel logo on it) for some solution of the aforesaid issue. And there I found, after thorough search, an update & latest version of OS (Operating System) for my Blackberry Curve 8520. After being confronted with a page showing a download option for downloading aforesaid latest OS for my device, I was left with no option except to download it. Although I had some hesitations to download the same, but with still having left with some hope to fix the issue, I was facing, on my own, I downloaded it.

USB cable and then opened the said file and tried to fix the phone, but failed. So I decided to give another attempt to achieve the success, as I had some kind of hope which pushed and intuited me that the downloaded file could only be the real cure to my problem and that procedure which I did go through, later, was a correct one, making me surpass the insurmountable issue. The procedure, through which I went and emerged victorious, is mentioned hereunder, which you should adopt while dealing with the same error (i.e. App Error 523’) in relation to Blackberry Curve, to overcome the issue and save your precious time: -


Solution of ‘App Error 523’*


  1. Download a file of a latest versioned Blackberry OS (Operating System) for your curve device, which could be available to you at a website of a Blackberry provider/seller as I had downloaded for my Blackberry Curve 8520 from Airtel website.
  2. Then install the downloaded file into your computer.
  3.  After installation, you have to open ‘Program Files’ folder in your computer drive containing OS i.e. Windows XP or Windows Vista. On opening the aforesaid folder, you will find a folder namely ‘Common Flies’ within the said folder and then you have to open that also. Caution: - the concerned procedure is just in relation to Microsoft Windows XP or Vista, as not applied to Microsoft Windows 7 or to earlier ones. If anyone has applied to other windows or any other computer OS(operating system, please inform me about the consequences/repercussions, resulted thereof. 
  4. On getting into later folder, you have to trace out a folder namely ‘Research In Motion’ (i.e. company-name, owning Blackberry Brand). Open that folder and then enter into a folder named as ‘AppLoader’, where you will find a file namely ‘Loader’.
  5. Open the above-mentioned file i.e. ‘Loader’. On opening the said file, you will be confronted with a newly emerged window, asking you to click on highlighted switch - ‘NEXT’.
  6. Before clicking the said switch –‘NEXT’, connect your Blackberry Curve to a    computer, using USB cable. Caution: - Take care that before connecting your Blackberry with computer, the battery should be removed from the concerned Malfunctioned Blackberry Curve device.
  7. Thereafter, being satisfied about having followed the earlier procedure, properly, click the highlighted button and within the window you’ll observe appearance of a new option, stating name of your Blackberry Device and then you have to plug-in your removed battery into your device and then the ‘Loader’ will automatically load the information relating to your Blackberry Curve into computer, within seconds.
  8. Then again click on ‘NEXT’-button, and as you clicked, you’ll see the software  options for your device and a highlighted button -‘NEXT’ again there. Caution: - the former ‘NEXT’-button (not the later one) can be automatically clicked by the ‘Loader’, proceeding itself to next stage, showing you the software options.
  9. Now once again click on the later button –‘NEXT’, and then on button -‘FINISH’ (as will appear after you have clicked on button -“NEXT’).
  10. As you’ll click on button -‘FINISH’, ‘Loader’ will upload new Blackberry OS into your malfunctioned device, and you have to wait until loading/processing is completed.Caution: - Do not interrupt the Loader while it uploads new OS into your Blackberry Malfunctioned Device.
  11. After ‘Loader’ has completed its process, the window before you will disappear and as it disappears, you need to disconnect you device from USB cable (connecting your device with computer).
  12. After disconnection from cable, your device will be restarted and will give finishing-touch to newly uploaded OS into itself, automatically and then the Malfunctioned device would reach to its normal operative conditions with new OS operating in it.


But as far as the consequences are concerned, due to this everything in your device memory (not the data in Memory Card) would be wiped out or deleted, especially contacts & messages, and there is no way to restore the deleted data into your phone, unless a back-up file is lying with your goodself.  





*The solution mentioned here is subject to Blackberry Curve 8520, and as far as Blackberry Curve models are concerned, you may apply the same procedure to fix your device (as I/we applied it to another Blackberry device and it works great) at your own risk, but the same solution/procedure wouldn't be a great option in relation to otherwise models of Blackberry Brand than Blackberry Curve.


I would appreciate if you equip me with a comment/compliment. In case of any query, you can write in the comment/s box hereunder.

1 comment:

  1. it is very useful information for my blackberry app error 523 ,but unfortunately at lest last process of updating back up device data it does not work or run ahead.again screen shows the same message app error 523.help me to fix it.

    ReplyDelete